A sample translation of Articles of Association from English into Chinese
Source Text (English)
13. The shares in the capital of the Company for the time being unissued shall be at the disposal of the Directors, and they may allot, grant options over or otherwise dispose of them to such persons, at such times, and on such terms as they think proper, but so that no shares shall be issued which shall have the effect of transferring a controlling interest without the prior approval of the members in general meeting. No shares shall be issued at a discount, except in accordance with the Act.
14. The Company may exercise the powers of paying commissions conferred by the Act. The rate per cent or the amount of the commission paid or agreed to be paid shall be disclosed in the manner required by the Act, and such commission shall not exceed 10 per cent of the price at which the shares in respect of which the commission is paid are issued. The Company may also on any issue of shares pay such brokerage as may be lawful.
15. If any shares of the Company are issued for the purpose of raising money to defray the expenses of the construction of any works or buildings or the provision of any plant which cannot be made profitable for a lengthened period, the Company may, subject to the conditions and restrictions mentioned in the Act, pay interest on so much of such share capital as is for the time being paid up, and may charge the same to capital as part of the cost of construction of the works, buildings or plant.
16. Except as required by law, no person shall be recognised by the Company as holding any share upon any trust, and the Company shall not be bound by or compelled in any way to recognise any equitable, contingent, future or partial interest in any share, or any interest in any fractional part of a share, or (except only as by these presents or by law otherwise provided) any other right in respect of any share, except an absolute right to the entirety thereof in the registered holder.
17. The Company shall not be bound to register more than three persons as the holder of any share except in the case of executors or administrators of the estate of a deceased member.
Target Text (Simplified Chinese)
Keywords: Articles of Association, AoA, legal translation, financial translation, English-Chinese translation, shares